OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

USPS Shipping Calculator for 2015

on May 24th, 2015 | in Etsy Tips, Tools | 23 Comments

The U.S. Postal Service changed shipping rates on May 31, 2015. Many Etsy sellers came to rely on my shipping calculator for 2014, so I’ve once again taken the near-indecipherable USPS rate charts and turned them into an easy to use tool for updating your shipping profiles and listings.

Notable for 2015 is Canada switching to zone-based pricing for Priority Mail International, with 7 zones rather than a single rate for the whole country. Priority Mail International (Canada) is now a separate option in the shipping types. Take a look at my domestic shipping article if you need a crash course in weighing and packaging.

The rates shown below are commercial base pricing offered by Etsy, PayPal and other online vendors. Be sure to check the prices against your vendor to make sure they’re using commercial prices. Expect to pay more if you show up at the post office without postage. Pricing for flat rate items is included in the table below.

USPS Shipping Calculator

56.75
Priority Mail International Large Flat Rate Box
(Other countries)
81.95
Express Mail Flat Rate Envelope 18.11
Express Mail Flat Rate Box 44.95

Disclaimer: This tool is intended to help Etsy sellers, but is unlikely to cover the needs of every shop and business owner. Please use the calculator as a tool in your tool box and not the sole source for your pricing decision. Shipping is complex and we hope to ease the pain a bit. Please keep in mind that extra services, insurance, etc. are not taken into account with this calculator.

Want more Etsy tips? Subscribe to my newsletter

Get my latest articles straight to your inbox about once a month. Learn how to improve your Etsy shop, boost your sales and discover other sellers from the Etsy community.

23 Responses

1. Chrissy says:

Thank you! This is an amazing resource for sellers. :)

2. Thank you for putting this tool together! It’s very helpful.

3. Dee says:

Seriously, thank you so much for doing this! Really kind and generous!

4. Carol says:

Thank you so much! You provide such a wonderful resource for my etsy shop!

5. Debora says:

Brittany, thank you! There is lots of information on the web but nothing to compare to your information, which is clear, concise and written for a seller to understand. I have used your info since my shops began and will continue to do so, again thank you!

6. Karin says:

Thank you so much for making this chart. You’ve just saved me at least an hour of what would have been mind numbing calculating. Cheers!

7. Thanks so much! This made my life a lot easier!

8. nicole says:

THANK YOU SO MUCH for putting this together! You’re the best!!!

9. I’m so grateful for you! If this resource wasn’t available, I don’t know what I’d do! Been using this since 2013, and couldn’t imagine business without! Thanks for putting this together :)

10. Onyi says:

Thank you so much for this. I was hesitating listing things online because I have to ship on my own instead of through the websites and I didn’t have any idea how much to add onto their prices for shipping.

• Brittany says:

Onyi, if by shipping on your own you mean shipping using USPS retail prices paid at the Post Office, you would be better off using the Postage Price Calculator from the USPS site. This calculator’s rates are based on commercial based prices offered by Etsy, PayPal and others.

11. Tofa says:

Thank you so much. It is very important. I hope you will come up with oz one day. It is really great.

Tofa