TreasuryBox – Etsy Treasuries Made Easy

Treasuries can no longer be created on Etsy as of October 5th, 2016. Thank you to everyone who used and supported TreasuryBox during the past few years.

TreasuryBox is a free extension for the Google Chrome web browser that allows you to build a treasury as you browse the Etsy site and easily notify featured shops when you’re done.

TreasuryBox adds a button to items on Etsy’s search, browse, activity and listing pages. It’s never been easier to build a treasury – add and remove items with one click, drag to rearrange, then click Create Treasury when you’re ready.

If you’ve ever lost an in-progress treasury by accidentally clicking away from Etsy’s new treasury page, you’ll love TreasuryBox’s auto-save feature. It stores the in-progress treasury automatically – you can navigate anywhere, close the browser and even reboot your computer. The treasury will still be there next time you open Chrome.

TreasuryBox adds a Send Notifications action to the curator tools on any treasury you’ve created. Type in a subject and message to quickly convo every featured shop with a link to the treasury and the item that was featured.

The Save Image tool is added to the curator tools on every Etsy treasury; save a copy of any treasury to easily share on Facebook. Pinterest, or your blog.

Install TreasuryBox

How to use TreasuryBox

Note: TreasuryBox only works in the Google Chrome web browser. Check which browser you’re using at the What Browser? site.

• listing-collectionInstall TreasuryBox using the button above; this will direct you to the TreasuryBox page on the Google Chrome web store.
  • TreasuryBox appears as a red treasure chest button next to the address bar, in the upper-right corner of the browser.
  • Click the TreasuryBox treasure chest to see what’s currently in your treasury; a number overlaid on the button also shows you the current number of items in a treasury (Etsy allows 16 total items).
  • Browse around on the Etsy site; items can be added to the treasury by clicking the treasure chest button next to Etsy’s own “Favorite” button. For pages with multiple items, these buttons appear when you hover your mouse over a listing photo.

If you have any trouble using TreasuryBox – or if you want to suggest an improvement – leave a comment on this post or send me an email.

TreasuryBox and Brittany’s Best are not affiliated with Etsy.

on January 3 | by

256 Responses

1. Betsy Keep says:

I ADORE treasury Box but have a question. For some reason items placed in the treasury that are multiples from a single seller are no longer flagged. It used to be so nice that it caught my errors for me! How can I fix this? Oh – I’m using Chrome on a PC.
    Thanks,
    Betsy

• Brittany says:

Betsy, that is troubling indeed! This has been reported to me but I haven’t been able to solve it yet. The Repeat Shop notice works when I test it, so it must be a specific scenario where it’s broken. Where are you adding items to TreasuryBox when the notice fails to show up (e.g. from favorites, individual listing pages, search)?

There was an issue fixed in TreasuryBox 1.7.10 – can you check that you have the updated version? You can go to chrome://extensions/ to see the version of TreasuryBox installed. Thanks for any information you can provide!

2. Janie says:

Thank you so much for this amazing tool. I love to make Treasuries, but sending the convos and switching between pages was a deterrent at times. Making a treasury with Treasury Box was fun and quick.

3. Amanda says:

Hi, is this only available through a desktop or laptop?

4. Teresa Russo says:

Hi my dear 🙂
    Why after just one treasury on Etsy, when I send notifications, I have this message?
    {“error”:”Incorrect Captcha. Try Again.”}
    Teresa

• Brittany says:

Teresa, we are currently experiencing an issue with send notifications. We are doing everything we can to resolve the issue as quickly as possible. Hang in there! We hope to have a fix soon.

5. Al says:

Is there a way to drag and drop from the treasury box directly to the treasury being created? Or am I doing it the correct/only way when I right click, copy link address, and paste?

• Brittany says:

Al, if you are using TreasuryBox, you should not need to drag and drop or copy and paste. You should be able to add items to TreasuryBox using the treasure chest icon on the thumbnail photo or listing and then click the Create Treasury button to open your treasury in a new window. Feel free to email me if TreasuryBox is not working this way for you. You may be interested in checking out this tutorial video from Team Heartbeat that will help you explore all the features of TreasuryBox.

6. Xena says:

HI Brittany!
    My TreasuryBox has stopped working properly. It fails to send notifications…It say: “Some notifications failed to send and ALL the listings are shown in red”. Is it fixable?
    Thanks !
    Xena

• Brittany says:

Xena, thanks for letting me know. We are working to find a solution and hope to have it operating properly soon.

7. steve says:

wow! that is so easy to use. Less than 30 minutes! Kudos to you

8. Marrianna says:

Help, please, from anybody who has the answer: How do I add one of my own items to a treasury?

• Brittany says:

Marrianna, TreasuryBox will not allow you to add your own items to a treasury if you are signed-in on Etsy as the shop you are adding items from. You can add items if you are signed in under a different account. If this is bothersome, you can always create a treasury using TreasuryBox leaving one space blank then add the item from your shop before saving your treasury on Etsy. Hope that makes sense.

9. Roy says:

Treasuries are great and fun! Thank you for creating this tool.
    My question is about pinning it – is there a way to pin the all 16 treasury items, in a square, same order as created ?

• Brittany says:

Roy, great question! Yes, you can use the Save Image feature of TreasuryBox then upload that image to Pinterest by clicking on the + in the upper right hand corner. Select Upload from computer once the image is on Pinterest, make sure you go to that image and click Edit to add the URL. Happy pinning!

10. WOW this is awesome, Brittany, thank you for making it so easy and letting us notify the folks who are in out Treasuries. I always wondered how people did that when the included one of my items. This is so fantastic…..thank you again. Sharon Elliott

11. Jaci says:

Hi Brittany,
    I love TreasuryBox, especially for the treasury team I am on. I have been away and not made for the last several weeks, and when I try to click on the icon so I can clear and make a new one, it will not open. Any suggestions? I have installed Windows10 since last time, could that be the problem?
    Thanks!
    Jaci

• Brittany says:

Jaci, Thanks! My guess is that you just need to update Google Chrome. If that does not work for some reason feel free to contact me on Etsy or using the email button on my website and I can troubleshoot the issue with you.

12. Lyn Berry says:

Hi Brittany!
    Thank You so much for all you do to help artists advance their artwork and efforts! This just makes putting a treasury together SO much easier!!

13. Love this app – I have always wanted a way to create treasuries quickly and as I am browsing Etsy. Thank you!

14. Hi, I would like to create a treasury list using TreasuryBox. My browser is Chrome. Do I need to repeatedly download Chrome then TreasuryBox each time I use it? Where would the extension to Chrome be located? Thank you for your help.

• Brittany says:

Carol, you should not need to repeatedly download Chrome. Once you download Chrome and TreasuryBox they are installed on your computer and can be launched either from your Start menu (Windows) or Applications folder (Mac). Hope that helps!

15. Esfir Meilman says:

Hello! Is the extension available for a Samsung tablet?
    Thank you!

• Brittany says:

Unfortunately, TreasuryBox is not available for tablets. Samsung and other Android tablets do not support browser extensions in Chrome.

16. Good Morning,

I am no longer seeing the Treasury Box icon on the items I have stored in my Favorites. On the top of each favorited item, I used to see the Treasury Box Icon, the Heart icon and finally the Favorite List icon. The Heart and FL icons are still there, but the TB is not. If I actually open the item, I can still add it to a treasury from the middle bar- near the purchase tab and cart tabs- but this requires me to open each favorited item- which is a bit frustrating.

I have started and restarted my computer, removed and reinstalled TB and finally went into the Developer/Extension tab and updated that. Any other advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you so much for this app and the help you have given to this community and to us as artists and sellers.
    Kindest Regards,
    Barbara

• Brittany says:

Thanks for letting me know, Barbara! Etsy is running some design experiments that necessitated an update to TreasuryBox. I’ve released TreasuryBox 1.7.5 that fixes this problem. TreasuryBox should update on its own shortly, or you can update manually to get a jump on it.

17. Brittany says:

Sorry about that folks! A new version (1.7.3) has fixed the problem. You can wait for TreasuryBox to update or you can go ahead and update manually. Thanks for your patience!

18. Joyce says:

Good morning,

I completed my treasury and clicked on send notifications. I don’t show any going through. Checked my Etsy sent convos and my gmail for the sent notice. Not there. When I click on send notifications again, it is saying “Sent”..

Please check for me. I LOVE my TreasuryBox. Thank you for sharing it.

Enjoy the day,
    Joyce

19. Julia says:

Unfortunately new version 1.7.2 did not fix the problems with sending notifications. Please do something, please, please!

20. Xena says:

Me again 🙂

Now there is a new problem…. There is a message that notification are sent. However in my ”conversations” the messages does not appear in the ”sent” section. It seems the notifications are fail to be sent.

21. Xena says:

Thank you Brittany!

22. Xena says:

Hi, my TreasuryBox also has stopped working properly.
    There is a problems with sending notifications. I’m getting a message “Some notifications failed to send and ALL the listings are shown in red. None of the notification hasn’t been sent to anyone. Is it fixable? 🙂

23. Linda says:

Been using this wonderful app for months and months….THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

Problem….tonight I am able to do the treasuries but it is not letting me send notifications. I went into the app and reset but it did not fix the issue. Any help would be appreciated.

Linda Libbey http://www.etsy.com/shop/cachecastle

24. Thank you so much. This is a great feature. It works very quickly and conveniently. I’m very glad that it is now possible to create a collection in a few clicks.

25. styledonna says:

My TreasuryBox has stopped working properly. The icon is not showing up on the listings. Is there a fix please?

26. Debby Arem says:

This is such an amazing app! I just made my first treasury using it – thank you! BUT my question is.. does this app automatically notifiy the shops whose item I have used ??? Or do I have to do it manually or click something I’m not seeing?? Hope to hear back from you and many thanks in advance !

• Brittany says:

Thanks Debby! TreasuryBox doesn’t automatically send notifications, but it does add a way to send notifications in one click. Go to one of your own treasuries and look for “Send Notifications” in the “Curator Tools” section on the right-hand side.

27. Cherie says:

HI Brittany – My TreasuryBox has stopped working properly. The icon is not showing up on the listings. I have a friend who is also having the same problem. Is there a fix please?

• Brittany says:

Thanks for letting me know, Cherie. I’ve released TreasuryBox 1.7.1 which restores the icon in search. TreasuryBox will update automatically, so you should see it fixed shortly!

28. I wish this was available for Android, as I use mine for most of my daily online interactions.

29. Alexiel says:

Isabella,

I know what you’re talking about. I looked for the same thing and I found it by myself.

Step #1 : Save your treasury as an image with TreasuryBox and pin it.
    Step #2 : Click on EDIT. ADD THE ETSY ADRESS of your treasury on WEB SITE. That’s it.

Hope this will help …

Alexiel

30. Isabella says:

Have been using treasurybox for a couple of days and really is a time saver! But! I’ve noticed people from our team having the capability to pin to pinterest the nearly full treasury! I can’t for the life of me figure this out and one girl told me to go to the treasury box website (which I’m on now, I presume) and paste the url of my treasury into the “box” and click “go” and it will take me to the pinterest site all ready to pin to my board. Ermm…no, there is no where on this site with such a function! And then, underneath that message she says that now she’s found that she can pin from her treasurybox feature/extension? Not for me, I can’t!

So, I thought, since I post my treasuries onto my Facebook business page, I would go and pin from there. hahaha….fat chance as Facebook pops up a cheeky little message saying it’s not allowed! I’m just really annoyed by this point because I want to be able to pin my flipping treasury in full instead of the one item showing. If anybody can help, please do cos I’m going bonkers trying to sort this out. Many thanks x